Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Thrifting: Pottery

I am completely in love with this blue glaze. 
I've developed this thing recently where I go into a thrift store and buy every handmade piece of pottery I can find. I call it treasure hunting. A certain brother who shall remain nameless calls it an addiction.

I forgot to rub off the price, and am too lazy to take another picture. Apologies. 
I bought these particular pieces not only because pottery is cool, but because I saw them being used on crisp fall nights for hot mulled cider or homemade hot chocolate. I saw them holding rich, dark coffee after a dinner party or tea after a Sunday brunch. My jaded side says I bought them because my imagination ran away with me (isn't that a funny turn of phrase? It sounds like I just eloped with myself.). But in reality, I think I bought them because I love to hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment